Nader tipping balance ? The guy's accepting tips from Republican supported lobbies : CSE (Citizens for a Sound Economy / Freedomworks) will help him get on the ballot in key states. Nader 2004 declined to answer when I asked their position regarding this support. Stop telling lies Ralphie: you are no more independent.
Just have a look at the CSE's website:
=> Their press releases : "Michigan CSE Turns Out Members for Nader Ballot Push"
=> The profiles of both CSE CEOs :
- "Dick Armey - co-chairman of CSE - Former Majority Leader D.A. has had a very distinguished career as Congressman for the 26th District of Texas. He was active in passing legislation related to military base closure and realignments, agriculture subsidy reforms, free trade, education scolarships for disadvantaged children and Homeland Security. He has served as ranking Republican on the Joint Economic Committee, as Chairman of the Republican Conference and as Majority Leader of the House where he had full responsibility for the legislative schedule. During his last year as a Member of Congress he served as Chairman of the Select Committee on Homeland Security.
- "C. Boyden Gray - co-chairman of CSE - Gray is a partner at the Washington, D.C. law firm of Wilmer, Cutler and Pickering where he focuses on a range of regulatory matters including, environmental, biotechnology, trade, clean air, and risk management. Gray served as counsel to George Bush, during his terms as president and vice president. Gray also clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University and earned his law degree from the University of North Carolina Law School.
- "Folks, you've got to get to know this organization... They have been doing a great job all over the country educating people". President George W. Bush (NB : the expert in education known for slashing education budgets and taking some time to read My Pet Goat)
- "CSE is one of the most effective grassroots lobbying organizations around - anywhere." Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris (NB : yeah, that Kathy Harris who made sure Florida voters were betrayed)
- "You guys are everywhere" - Florida Governor Jeb Bush (NB : brrrr, even at the Supreme Court ? - scary, uh?)
SM on a forum